News: RvR receives prestigious misspelt blogging award
Some idiot has nominated us for an award (thanks Aiden R). We briefly considered sending someone dressed as an Apache to collect it, but then we thought that was a bit tasteless. Find out what award we’ve received and who we have nominated after the jump.
We are very honoured to have been nominated for a Kreativ Blogger award and were even more honoured to be nominated by our good buddy Aiden R over at Cut The Crap Movie Reviews, one of the few websites out there that actually lives up to its name. To be honest, we’re pretty honoured that Aiden just came to our site.
We have no clue if we’ve won the award or if we now go into a running street fight much like The Warriors with other nominees to claim it. A quick Google reveals that every website in the world has been nominated, so it would be a pretty big fight. If only the Oscars were like that. You can actually find quite a sweet description of the origin of the Kreativ Blogger award HERE.
Like all good gongs, this one has rules. Lots of rules. And here they are (Tyler Durden would have needed to write this lot down):
1. Thank the person who nominated you for this award.
2. Copy the logo and place it on your blog.
3. Link to the person who nominated you for this award.
4. Name seven things about yourself that people might find interesting.
5. Nominate seven Kreativ Bloggers.
6. Post links to the seven blogs you nominate.
7. Leave a comment on each of the blogs letting them know they have been nominated.
8. Never, ever, ever give out nominations after midnight.
Okay, we made that last one up. Let’s go to work…
Thank you Aiden. We really couldn’t have done it without you. Go to Aiden’s blog now, it’s freaking great: Cut The Crap Movie Reviews
Here are seven things about us that none of you will find interesting:
1. Ross McD was a winner on a game show in which his prize was to pester Peter Jackson. If you look closely at around the 1hr 29 min mark in The Two Towers, you can see him holding an autograph book behind some talking trees.
2. Ross McG has seen the movie Alligator about 242 times.
3. Ross McD owns many, many different lightsabers.
4. Ross McG has had the fortune of having Maggie Gyllenhaal look into his eyes.
5. Ross McD is a close friend of Colin Farrell.
6. Ross McG used to think Chevy Chase was Paul Simon.
7. Ross McD is not as tall as Cillian Murphy.
Here are seven great bloggers who we are nominating for the Kreativ Blogger award. Yes, that thing we heard about ten minutes ago… we’re nominating people for it. Apologies if any of you guys have already been nominated by others:
1. The Stories That Really Mattered - Katie’s great blog was one of the first we got into when we started on this crazy ride. We like it because it riles us up, especially Ross McG, who doesn’t exactly share Katie’s love of that one Tim Burton film he keeps making every two years.
2. Top Ten Films - this site, on the other hand, is one we’ve just recently got into. And we love it. Dan is a great guide who takes us through lots of films you have seen and just as many you haven’t. Our lists are only half as good as his. And not just because they only go up to five.
3. The Movie Blog - the author of this blog, Irishman Darren, is ridiculously prolific yet still manages to keep the quality high. Ross McD thought he knew something about comics until he came across this site.
4. Cinema Scream - great banner, great picture mock-ups, great content. Cinema Scream’s site is always on the list of regulars to pay a visit to. He also looks rather cool in his white shirt and black tie at present.
5. Dan The Man’s Movie Reviews - Dan is the man, and his site is ace, as he ploughs his way through a wide range of flicks, although we have particular love for him when he delves into lame 80s comedies. Full Priceee! And no, we still don’t know what that means.
6. Expad - this great website may be on ‘intermission’ at the moment but it should be back soon. In the meantime, pore through the back catalogue of witty and wonderful content on offer from journalist, explorer and all round good guy Markham Nolan, as he delves into politics, sailing and other bizarre worlds. Yes, we do read about stuff other than movies. Sometimes.
7. Cinema Sights - here at RvR we often like to get our teeth into something a bit meaty, and that’s where Cinema Sights comes in. The wonderfully monikered James Blake Ewing takes films apart brilliantly, yet his analysis is always engaging and never dry. It’s good to read about movies we’ve never heard of and some we have. His series of action reviews recently (Rambo! Rambo 2! Rambo 3! Rambo!) was a highlight.
So there you have it folks, RvR’s contribution to this fantastic spam - we mean, award – we have received. Anything that gets bloggers spreading the word about other bloggers is good though.
We can honestly say we never thought we’d win one of these… just to be nominated with all the other talent is a real honour…